05 February 2008

I got this from someone at work, and it made me laugh out loud, so I'm posting it here...I'm honestly not sure if it's copy-righted or not, if anyone out there does now, please tell me!

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT:
ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den, and I'm thinking about buying a computer.
ABBOTT: Mac?
COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.
ABBOTT: Your computer?
COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.
Abbott: Mac?
COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.
ABBOTT: What about Windows?
COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?
ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?
COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?
ABBOTT: Wallpaper.
Costello: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.
ABBOTT: Software for Windows?
COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses, and run my business. What do you have?
Abbott: Office
Costello:Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?
Abbott:I just did.
Costello: You just did what?
Abbott:Recommend something.
Costello:You recommended something?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello:For my office?
Abbott: Yes
Costello:OK, what did you recommend for my office?
Abbott: Office
Costello: Yes! For my office!
Abbott: I recommend Office with Windows
Costello: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?
Abbott: Word
Costello: What word?
Abbott: Word in office.
Costello: The only word in office is office.
Abbott: The Word in Office for Windows.
Costello: Which word in office for windows?
Abbott: The Word you get when you click the blue "W"
Costello: I'm going to click your blue "W" if you don't start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?
Abbott: Money.
Costello: That's right. What do you have?
Abbott: Money.
Costello: I need money to track my money?
Abbott: It comes bundled with your computer.
Costello: Money comes with my computer?
Abbott: Yes. No extra charge.
Costello: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?
Abbott: One copy
Costello: Isn't it illegal to copy money?
Abbott: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.
Costello: They can give you a license to copy Money?
Abbott: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

Abbott: Super Duper Computer Store. Can I help you?
Costello: How do I turn my computer off?
Abbott: Click on "START" ...

1 comment:

Teddy Bears said...

Ha Ha Ha!! I love this. It made me laugh really hard. I think that everyone should read this. Love ~me~